The world of online casinos is as dynamic as it is extensive. New casinos are popping up every day, along with new games and new technology.
Nowadays, the vast majority of online casinos allow players to pay via a phone payment system. It is a very simple method and one which provides a very streamlined depositing process.
That being said, whilst phone payments are fuss-free, there’s still plenty to learn about before deciding if these types of casinos are for you. Luckily, here at Fortune Frenzy, we know everything there is to know about pay by phone casino sites.
Why Pay by Phone?
If you’re a busy online player, then you’ll probably find yourself playing games on your smartphone. This just makes sense if you’re always moving around from place to place but still want to get your casino fix.
In mind of this, the handy pay by phone casino method seems like a bit of a no-brainer in our eyes.
1. Easy Pay by Mobile Deposits
Depositing at an online establishment can often seem like the most arduous of tasks. It can take forever, and it definitely eats away at your gaming time.
This is why, over the past few years, new payment methods have been developed with many purposefully designed for online gamblers. The mobile payment option has been around for quite a while now and is favoured by many players.
Mobile deposits are one of the simplest forms of depositing. You just need to head to the deposit page and select the pay by mobile option.
From there, you enter your phone number. The payment is either subtracted from your existing phone credit or added to your monthly phone bill.
This means that you don’t need to fuss around with your credit card or add other information to a site. It’s more convenient and secure for players, so there’s really nothing to dislike about the service.
Remember that even the safest casinos can suffer attacks from hackers, so keeping your card information offline is always a good idea. If you’re ever in doubt about a casino site, then you can use the mobile payment system to mask your payment method.
This means you’re not adding in your full card details on the site and you’ll have to authorise every payment, so there’s no chance of it getting away from you.
Also, mobile phone bill payments are even easier than e-wallet payment methods, owing to the fact that you don’t need to remember any login details with phone depositing. And, let’s be honest, we’ve all forgotten login details at one time or another.
Who Can use Pay by Phone Bill?
- The majority of phone depositors are on mobile phone contracts. Still, you don’t need to be a phone bill payer to take full advantage of this payment method.
- Pay-as-you-go mobile users can also use this method. The money will be taken from their phone balance, offering the same seamless process.
- So, basically, anyone with a functioning mobile phone and of legal age can casino deposit by phone
Online Casino Mobile Payments
Let’s jump into making a phone deposit. Why linger if you’re convinced it’s the best way to deposit? Luckily, it’s very straightforward and the whole process can be completed in just three simple steps.
- Log in to your casino of choice, click deposit, and select ‘Pay by Mobile’.
Usually, most casinos will make it very clear that they accept the method. However, it is important that you do check this out (and whether it’s available in your jurisdiction) before signing up. If you’re unsure, contact customer support and simply ask whether they accept pay via phone deposits.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit, and then enter your mobile number.
Do remember that the payment will be charged to the given number’s bill or taken from that number’s existing phone credit.
- Verify your payment via text message. Once you’ve made your mobile deposit at the casino, you will receive an SMS message. This is to allow you to authorize the transaction and gives you a chance to cancel it should you wish. Usually, you simply need to reply to the text with a ‘Y’ for yes. Once this is completed, you’ll receive a follow-up text which contains your receipt.
How to Find a Good Mobile Casino
So, now you know how to deposit with your phone, what about finding a good deposit by phone casino? Before you deposit at any mobile casino, consider the following points:
- Does the casino hold a United Kingdom Gambling Commission license?
- How easy is the phone payment process at this casino?
- Are there restrictions on phone deposits at the casino?
- How does the withdrawal process work when depositing with your phone?
- Is the casino mobile compatible and available to both IOS and Android users?
- Which games and online slots are available at each casino, and which gaming providers are available?
- What bonuses and promotions are available to both new and existing players at each casino?
Depositing Limits and Transaction Fees
Depositing with your phone should always be fee-free whether it is through your mobile contract or pay-as-you-go. The casino will not be charged for any transaction made and processed through a phone payment system, such as Boku. This means you should never be charged either.
Although things seem, and are, very simple when it comes to mobile depositing, you should keep in mind that there are some disadvantages.
One of the biggest disadvantages is that typically, you will only be able to deposit a maximum of £30 a day, at least with traditional mobile payment services whether you are a monthly contract customer or pay-as-you-go user. This is because when you make a phone transaction, you’re essentially borrowing money.
Although you can use phone payment services as a pay-as-you-go mobile user, the majority of customers will charge their deposit to their monthly mobile bill, which means you don’t pay anything until your bill is due.
The daily limit stops people racking up hundreds of pounds of transactions which they may not be able to afford when it comes round to paying their mobile bill.
Simply put, the limits are in place to make sure that phone payment systems can continue operating in a responsible manner.
A Great Option to Control Spending
The relatively low deposit limits make phone payments perfect for those who want to gamble recreationally and keep the stakes rather low at a mobile casino.
The depositing limits can also be hugely beneficial to those players looking to control their spending at online casinos.
However, if you are more of a high-risk player, then you could be quite disappointed. Nevertheless, consider that if you deposited £30 daily, that would still amount to approximately £900 a month and over £10,000 annually. A fair sum you might say.
Phone Bill Casino Withdrawals
Unfortunately, you cannot withdraw winnings from a casino via mobile payment systems, which is in contrast to other payment methods such as e-wallets or credit card and debit card payments. This is a little inconvenient, but it does make sense.
When you make a deposit by phone at a mobile casino, you only ever need to supply the casino with your phone number. It’s one of the biggest advantages to using this service, as it keeps your personal and banking details private.
However, this does mean that when it comes to cashing out, the casino has no idea where to send any money you have won.
A reputable mobile casino will always offer you an easy alternative way to withdraw. This might involve verifying your identity, but it should all be a pretty straightforward process.
Mobile Casino Deposit Bonus
A deposit bonus is always a very welcome perk for any player, and they are especially common for new players at an online casino.
Welcome bonus packages usually include at least one casino deposit bonus, which is a matched deposit of some kind. These matched deposit bonuses reward new players for their first deposits, and sometimes their first few.
100% matched deposit bonuses up to a certain amount of money is the usual percentage, but this could be higher or lower.
But deposit bonuses are not just reserved for new players. Many casino sites will offer promotions at random times with a deposit bonus or two included.
It is always a good idea to read the full terms and conditions of any deposit bonus to ensure you are aware of all the details.
Different Phone Bill Payment Methods
We believe there are real benefits to the deposit by phone method at online casinos. Whilst the card payment is still the most popular depositing method, the ease and convenience of a deposit by phone bill or a pay-as-you-go deposit is hard to beat.
You have many different options if you are keen on embracing mobile payment system technology. Currently, Boku, Apple Pay and Zimpler are three of the most popular.
Boku is probably the most well-known mobile phone payment service at online casinos and it is extremely easy to use. Follow the steps below to make a deposit with Boku:
- From the deposit screen of your casino account, select the Boku option or ‘Pay by Mobile’
- Enter the deposit amount you would like to deposit and enter your mobile phone number before confirming the amount
- A text message will be sent to the number you provided. Reply with ‘Y’ to confirm the deposit
Apple Pay is becoming an increasingly popular mobile payment method at online casinos. If you are keen user of Apple technology and Apple Pay, this could be an excellent option for you.
The great thing about Apple Pay is that you do not need to enter your number or any other real information for that matter. All the required card details will already be integrated into your Apple account, ensuring smooth payments through the Apple Pay service.
To make an Apple Pay mobile deposit, just follow these simple steps
- Head to the deposit page of your casino account
- Choose the Apple Pay option
- Enter the deposit amount and select Apple Pay
- Next, authenticate the deposit by using Touch ID on your Apple device
Zimpler is a similar service to Boku which allows players to make quick payments through their mobile phone. It is a service which an increasing number of casinos are offering to their players.
Currently, Zimpler is only available for UK, Swedish and Finnish players. Your first Zimpler deposit will involve some variation of these steps:
- To begin the process, head to the deposit page of your casino and select Zimpler.
- With your first Zimpler deposit, you will be asked for your mobile number. A text containing a verification code will be sent to this number
- Next, enter the required details of your preferred payment method and the amount you wish to deposit
- Complete the transaction by entering the verification code on screen at the online casino
For future Zimpler payments, players just need to enter their phone number along with the amount they wish to deposit. An SMS with a verification code will be sent to this number. Enter the verification code onscreen to complete the transaction.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Pay by Mobile
To summarize the information above, we’ve put all the advantages and disadvantages of the pay by phone casino method into a compare and contrast table. This should allow you to easily weigh up whether or not phone bill casinos are for you, and make a straight-forward and clear decision.
|– Phone transactions are incredibly quick and easy. They only require you to share your phone number with the casino and therefore can be completed in a matter of seconds. There’s no need to create further banking accounts or to spend a long time inputting card details.|
– Phone transactions are also incredibly secure. As you don’t need to share your banking details with the casino, there’s no chance of internet fraud. What’s more, as you always need to verify your payment via SMS, you can rest assured that no one will be able to make a payment on your behalf.
– Mobile payments should always be free. The phone payment service is the one handling the payment, there are no charges to the casino, which means you shouldn’t have to pay anything either.
|– Mobile phone transactions have a strict daily depositing limit of £30 a day. This is to keep everybody safe and to make sure that customers can’t rack up debts that they’re unable to pay later on. This does, however, mean that mobile payments are not well suited to high-roller players.|
– You cannot withdraw from a casino with a phone payment service. This is because the casino doesn’t have any of your banking details and therefore doesn’t know where to send the money! In theory, this shouldn’t be a disadvantage as any reputable casino will offer you an alternative withdrawal method.
Mobile Casino Games
So, with the basic information covered let’s get down to what really matters; the games and winning some real money.
There are hundreds, sometimes even thousands of games available at a mobile casino. So, whichever type of casino game takes your fancy, chances are you will find what you need.
Online slots are the most popular online casino games of all and for many players, the thrill and excitement of a slot just cannot be beaten.
Slot enthusiasts will be happy to know that there are hundreds of mobile slots waiting to be spun in online casinos. These mobile slots range from the simple 3-reel classic slot to extensive multipay-line modern slots with incredible visuals and gameplay.
Also, it is worth pointing out that free spins are a very common feature of mobile casino bonuses. The following slots are some of the most popular around:
- Gonzo’s Quest
- Dead or Alive
- Thunderstruck II
- Immortal Romance
- Foxin Wins
- Rainbow Riches
Casino Table Games
If online slots aren’t your thing, then how about some classic casino games? Computerised casino games such as blackjack, roulette, poker, baccarat and craps will almost always be available at online casinos.
And, of course, you have the delights of the live casino available to you as an online player at countless mobile casinos. You can enjoy a truly magnificent experience in the live casino.
For those of you new to this scene, the live casino is all about bringing the brick-and-mortar casino experience directly to your screen of choice.
A live dealer hosts the table with the game broadcasted live from specialist studios. Variations of blackjack, roulette, poker and roulette are usually on offer, as well as other specialist games such as Evolution Gaming’s Dream Catcher.
If you fancy something a little different, you could always try your luck on instant win games such as bingo, scratch cards and lottery games.
How to Win at a Pay by Phone Casino – Tips and Strategies
Now we come to the part that every player wants to know, how can you win more often? There are a few different strategies that players swear by to improve their chances of success when playing online.
- Stick to a budget. The first thing that we always recommend is to make sure that you’re sticking to your budget. This can be easier if you deposit with your phone, as you already have a cap in place with this deposit method. This will help you to not spend more than you can afford, and it will help you quit if you feel like you are overspending.
- Check the stats. Our next tip is to make sure that you check out the statistics of a game before you jump in to play it. Taking a look at the return to player, bet range and odds will help you decide on the best game for you.
- Take advantage of the demo mode. It is a good idea to get a feel for games through the demo mode. This helps you to establish the nature of the game and how you might adjust your playing to maximise your chances of winning.
- Look for bonuses. There are many bonuses and promotions out there. Have a look around for those which offer good value and take advantage of them.
Other than these, it’s all down to luck and you’ll just need to keep your fingers crossed. Test out lots of games to find the perfect one for you.
Online Casino Mobile Payments – Simple and Efficient Option
It is little wonder that the phone payment method remains a popular option for players. It is probably the quickest and one of the safest possible depositing methods. And, of course, more time saved means more time to do what we’re all here for – play and gamble.
Phone Payment FAQ for Mobile Casino Players
Are you looking for a quick answer about bill casinos? Or is there an unexpected issue that needs to be dealt with ASAP? The following questions and answers
- Can I use this method with a pre-paid mobile?
Sure thing! Your mobile balance will be charged instantly, so make sure you have sufficient funds.
- Is this service available on my network?
Hundreds of mobile networks allow their customers to use payment service intermediaries. This means that there’s a great chance that your provider is on the list. If it’s one of the major companies, you’re almost certain to have a green light. To be 100% sure, contact your mobile carrier directly for more details.
- How quick are the transactions?
If everything goes well, it’s an instant service. If you don’t receive a confirmation immediately, it can take just a few seconds. In the case of a low connection, give it a few minutes and it should sort itself out.
- What are the limits for mobile payments?
There’s a daily £30 limit on the majority of phone payment services. This applies to all of your payments, meaning that you can’t surpass it, even if you pay for different services.
- Is it possible to view my phone billing history?
Yes. Just find the website of the service that you’re using. Then, log in using your mobile to access your personal details, including the transaction history.
- Are mobile payments free of charge?
Mobile payments are completely free. This doesn’t mean that extra fees can’t be applied by your mobile carrier or casino. However, such fees aren’t common and we would advise you to find providers/casinos without them.
- Insufficient funds with a post-paid phone?
Insufficient funds shouldn’t be an issue for post-paid phone users. Yet, even if you pay the bill at the end of the month, additional limits can be imposed. You should contact your mobile network provider to see whether they apply any extra limits for phone payment services.
- I got ‘Whoa, you requested a lot of payments’ message. What now?
If your transactions are slow and don’t seem to process, don’t try to make new payments. This can lead to messages like the one above. Spamming transaction requests won’t speed things up. Instead, it will make it only worse as the provider tries to complete the payments.
The problem here is likely related to connectivity or other service issues. So, just be patient and wait for a while until the queue is cleared up. If the message persists, contact the support team. They will be familiar with the issue and help you speed things up.
- How to get rid of the ‘Do you want to resume?’ message?
So, you want to start a new payment, but the service keeps asking if you want to resume? This means that you have a previous payment request that wasn’t completed.
Therefore, to get rid of this message, you should either complete the previous transaction or cancel it. You can cancel it by logging in to the system online.
- I got ‘Your number was blocked’ or ‘Sorry, we can’t process your payment’ message. What now?
This simply means that either the intermediary or your network provider blocked your number. This can happen for several reasons, including spamming payment requests and excessive expenditure.
If you want to continue using phone bill payments, contact the payments service or your mobile carrier. The block comes from one of them, so that’s where you’ll find a solution.